Wednesday 10 April 2013

Recording Game Sessions

As stated in my previous posts, I made a recording of my previous session; just to clarify for anyone who may be concerned


  • NO video recording of the players was made
  • Once the recording had been made the audio file was stripped out and the video (which mostly showed me since the laptop was facing me during the session) was deleted
  • The recording WILL NOT be used in any way beyond assessing ways to improve the session and enhancing my note taking ability.
  • Any recordings made WILL NOT appear on this blog or any other set up by myself.
  • The ONLY session reports that will appear in this blog or on any other I set up will be written reports that do NOT feature the names of the players.

    My main purpose of recording my sessions is because I don't want to hold up the action whilst I furiously scribble notes and (unfortunately) my memory isn't all that great, however making skeletal notes and listening to the sound file afterwards has already enabled me to write a much fuller report of last session.

    It has also enabled me to highlight areas of possible improvement for the game.

    • OOC chatter: An awful lot of OOC chatter went on during the session (I myself was as guilty of this), I intend to re-organise the playing space and have a couple of breaks so that we can confine OOC chatter to these breaks and keep more IC during the sessions.
    • Rewarding good RP/selling other characters: The sound file makes it easier for me to pinpoint areas of exceptional RP that deserve reward.
    • More detail required: It has become obvious that I need to put more detail into the areas and NPCs to give them more verisimilitude, it is my intent to begin this as soon as possible.

    No comments :

    Post a Comment