Friday 17 May 2013

Format of Information

So last night I sat down, having already done most of the system generation in the FFG "Stars of Iniquity" rulebook and with my notes in hand ready to write them up in a more formal fashion so that I could put them in the box file that is going to be housing all of my session notes henceforth; some sort of standard layout would make it easier to record information, so I eventually decided that I would need the following sheets.


  • A star system sheet - this would contain details of features in the system, along with basic details of any threats and planets.
  • A planet sheet - this would contain detailed information on the various planets (plus any moons orbiting them), resources and territories to be found there and basic information about what civilisations could be found on them (if any).
  • An NPC sheet - this would hold detailed information on an NPC, including their stats, there homeworld and any forces under their command, it would also contain details about their personality, like and dislikes.

After a few minutes of tinkering I had a suitable star system sheet prepared, you can find a version of it here.

A couple of hours later i'd detailed the Ariadne, Catan, Coppernicus, Decusis, Endeavour and Footfall systems using the sheet that I had designed; a filled in version of the sheet for the Catan system can be found here.

I'm pretty happy with the systems at the moment, i'm hoping to get the rest of them written up over the weekend and make any final tweaks, alterations that I think the game calls for.

No comments :

Post a Comment