Saturday 6 July 2013

God Machine Chronicle - The world according to Maggy Pike

IC blog of first God Machine Chronicle Session
Written by Kelly Grimshaw
Reproduced with permission from the author.

Ok so my life didn't work out the way my parents planned it. By now I should be on my way to professorship of something or other rather than a uni drop-out living in a run down tennament block.




I don't usually write down stuff diary style its not my thing and to be honest how repetitive is got woken up at stupid past arse end of midnight because someone has run out of weed? 



Well either I am going to have to tone down the strength of my latest batch-not hard being a failed chemist/botanist or I have to face the fact that reality is a lot more fucked up than being high as a Hindu cow. And I suppose that writing it down may make more sense so here goes...



It all started off normal enough. Kathy had come round for her usual and some of the medical strength for her MS suffers, we were enjoying a quiet smoke when Brian almost knocks the door off its hinges. Luna, a blue Staffy with grey eyes goes bat shit crazy as she is a dog that likes her peace and here stomps bulldog all over that. While I'm calming the mutt down he tells Kathy that Mr Lung- the owner of the local Chinese has had the shit well and truly knocked out of him and Smoky Joe had found him behind the bins- what Joe was doing there is a question that I don't really want answering to be honest.
I tell her to go while I finish bagging up and I'll meet her down there.



While I'm blissfully unaware of what's going on it all cracks off.



I drop Kathy her birthday bag and as I leave a gang of lads are trying to make their way through a locked door. According to one of the lads who visits now and again Mr Lung has been nicking the local feline population and turning it into that nights chef's special. I tell him how stupid it sounds but high on hormones they still try to get into the take-out. 



I nip round the back and tell Kathy its all clear and we and the lung family wander off back up to hers.



Nothing out of the ordinary for a snow day in the block? Wait it gets better...
When the lads come back followed by a scary looking old man by the name of Jakub it turns out that there was moggy in the freezer. No I don't mean dressed and ready to cook I mean a cat in a sack in the freezer, fur, teeth, claws the job lot.



While I'm making a brew for everyone the cat defrosts and is apparently live, kicking and ready to disembowel someone for the pleasure.



After the shock wears off I give it a bowl of milk and then open the door- more for our safety than puss's. I have no idea why but i have the inclination to stroke it as it wanders off- I'm a soft bugger like that and when no one is looking I have been feeding the ones that look a bit worse for wear. THE THING WAS STILL FROZEN! when I pulled my hand away frost was melting with the heat of my skin!



Well I tried to tell them but they took no notice of the stoner until I poked my head out of the door to see if it had dropped dead to find 3 sets of shining eyes staring at me, that is apart from when a man looking like an extra from a western comes stalking up the corridor. They vanish- I don't mean scatter as cats do when something bigger than them turns up, I mean one blink they were there and the next it was empty space.



The more abled lads go after him- I really am not sure why, if a cowboy with a burlap sack wishes to haunt the corridors then that's his business.



So I keep Kathy and Jakob company as Mr Hat seems to have spooked her more than she is letting on-oh got to remember to lend Luna to her for a day, sometimes the sound of a dog can scare away unwanted attention.



When they come back they tell me that Miles (Mr hat) is under the impression that the cats of this block DONT DIE!-yep Mr tinfoil believes these cats are Immortal. Not only that but if we go back and see him tonight then he will have proof. I am a vegan and if this includes ritual sacrifice to the great Isis then we are going to have an argument, tin foil protected or not. 



Makes more sense? 



Nope none at all

No comments :

Post a Comment