Saturday 1 November 2014

[NaNoWriMo] Starting NaNoWriMo

I've been aware of the National Novel Writing Month for a few years now and have always fancied giving it a go, but I've always either left it too late or been too busy when November rolled around; this year though a post on a friends facebook reminded me about it in the dying stages of October and, with my life not likely to get any less busy in the forseeable future I decided to give it a go this year. After all, what's the worse that could happen (as Dr Pepper commercials are so fond of reminding us)? For those not aware NaNoWriMo (www.NaNoWriMo.org) is when a lot of people get today online and encourage each other, over the course of the 30 days of November, to each write a 50,000 word novel. 

I've always fancied the idea of being a writer, the dream for me would be to be able to make a living doing it, that might never happen but having started NaNoWriMo I feel like I've taken a tiny step closer to realising that dream. As of this post (on the first day of the month) I've already written over 2300 words on my novel 'The End of You' and am on target for my 50000 by the end of the month; as the month continues I'll be posting updates to my blog, all the entries will be preface [NaNoWriMo] to seperate them from my RPG content. 

 Good luck to everyone else taking part :)


No comments :

Post a Comment